Friday, November 11, 2005

Some of My Favorite Hymns


I am not an artist. I cannot sing. I do love wonderful lyrics in music. So here are a three of my favorite hymns that I love to sing in thankfulness to God. Enjoy!

(Col 3:16) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.



And Can It Be

And can it be that I should gain An interest in the Savior’s blood! Died He for me who caused His pain! For me who Him to death pursued?Amazing love! How can it be,That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me? Amazing love! How can it be, That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

’Tis mystery all: th’Immortal dies! Who can explore His strange design? In vain the firstborn seraph triesTo sound the depths of love divine. ’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore; Let angel minds inquire no more. ’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore; Let angel minds inquire no more.

He left His Father’s throne above (so free, so infinite His grace!), Emptied Himself of all but love, And bled for Adam’s helpless race. ’Tis mercy all, immense and free, For O my God, it found out me! ’Tis mercy all, immense and free,For O my God, it found out me!

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,Fast bound in sin and nature’s night; Thine eye diffused a quickening ray; I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;My chains fell off, my heart was free, I rose, went forth, and followed Thee. My chains fell off, my heart was free,I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

No condemnation now I dread; Jesus, and all in Him, is mine; Alive in Him, my living Head, And clothed in righteousness divine,Bold I approach th’eternal throne, And claim the crown, through Christ my own.Bold I approach th’eternal throne, And claim the crown, through Christ my own.



Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;Streams of mercy, never ceasing,Call for songs of loudest praise.Teach me some melodious sonnet,Sung by flaming tongues above.Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Here I raise my Ebenezer;Here by Thy great help I’ve come;And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,Safely to arrive at home.Jesus sought me when a stranger,Wandering from the fold of God;He, to rescue me from danger,Bought me with His precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtorDaily I’m constrained to be!Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,Bind my wandering heart to Thee.Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,Prone to leave the God I love;Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,Seal it for Thy courts above.


Faith of our Fathers


Faith of our fathers, living still,In spite of dungeon, fire and sword;O how our hearts beat high with joyWhenever we hear that glorious Word!

Refrain
Faith of our fathers, holy faith!We will be true to thee till death.
Faith of our fathers, we will striveTo win all nations unto Thee;And through the truth that comes from God,We all shall then be truly free.
Refrain
Faith of our fathers, we will loveBoth friend and foe in all our strife;And preach Thee, too, as love knows howBy kindly words and virtuous life.
Refrain


I Know In Whom I Have Believed


I know not why God’s wondrous graceTo me He hath made known,Nor why, unworthy, Christ in loveRedeemed me for His own.
Refrain
But I know Whom I have believèd,And am persuaded that He is ableTo keep that which I’ve committedUnto Him against that day.
I know not how this saving faithTo me He did impart,Nor how believing in His WordWrought peace within my heart.
Refrain
I know not how the Spirit moves,Convincing us of sin,Revealing Jesus through the Word,Creating faith in Him.
Refrain
I know not when my Lord may come,At night or noonday fair,Nor if I walk the vale with Him,Or meet Him in the air.
Refrain