Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Over The Top Or Under The Floor? You Decide!

Over The Top Or Under the Floor



I fully understand apologetics, it’s biblical call to each of us and therefore the importance of giving an answer. I am concerned about the negativity that is around everywhere amongst Christians, you find it in the Christian online chat community, the blog world and even in many churches Sunday after Sunday! I find it odd that many pastors see Sunday morning and evening worship time not as a time to worship but as a time to “apologize”. Answering for the hope I have is one thing, but to spend so much energy to repeat the same things over and over again seems to me to go far beyond the normal call of duty. I find the monkey to be upon the back of those that are liberal and stray from the faith. I am not cold, I do seek to give forth what I have been taught in the faith so others may know the glories of Christ and His wonderful kingdom. However I am not going to spend a lot of energy upon such things when my brothers and sisters in Christ need and desire encouragement. God will not let the gates of hell destroy the Church.


Now what I guess I am saying is that I believe Christianity is positive, burdens are lifted at Calvary and I have life abundant. Therefore I do believe the focus, for we Christians, should be to learn how to live in the kingdom of Christ, to focus on the joys of the faith and live joy always . Selfishly, that is what I want to see from my pastor, elders and church leaders. And thankfully that has been their focus in instructing me in theology. They have placed it in a framework to affect my life positively for good and the effect of that is that I am able to give an answer and contend for the faith as needed without an extreme focus on the “ills of the day”.

I understand that a parishioner is different from the clergy. The clergy has work to do that the laity is not called to. They are called to protect the sheep and I want to let them do their job. I also know I am to read the word, worship and minister to others. I pray I can carry out what I am learning, and called to do as I am a disciple in the faith. But I pray I never over emphasize, whether by “fighting or exposing” error to a point that my faith becomes a burdon and I forget the abundant life I have in Christ!

I pray this has sparked a though in you today to leave the liberals go therefore and live life in all of its joy, peace and abundance. After all the liberals have been warned – How many times: 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.25.26.27. or more I do think!

Just so you know I am not liberal I am for

Christ Alone
Faith Alone
Grace Alone
Scripture alone
Glory to God Alone
Godly living
Family values
Republicanism (haha)
American Pie
Baseball
Chevrolet
Laughter
A Wonderful Dance
Lobster
Shrimp
Steak
A good salad
Etc.





And I am Against:

Against homosexuality in the Church
Against liberalism
Against modernism
Against sin
Against the Devil
Against heretics
Against emergents


In the love and for the advancement of the Kingdom of our dear Savior,

Steve