Friday, February 17, 2006

"The Heart of Anger" A Review

The Heart of Anger
Lou Priolo
Reviewed by: Diane (a.k.a. DrawnbytheFather)


"The book is not just for those who have angry children, or who are angry themselves This is some real practical stuff, it gets down to the nitty gritty"..... Diane (a.k.a. DrawnbytheFather)

I finished reading the book, The Heart of Anger, by Lou Priolo, a few weeks ago, and have been implementing his advice ever since. This is the best parenting book I have ever read. It’s not only for those with angry children, it is for angry parents as well. He suggests the parent read it through once with himself in mind, and the second time with the child in mind. It truly is an eye opener. His goal is to reach the child’s heart, and he uses numerous Scriptures throughout. He gives examples, and then shows you how to implement what he suggests.

One of the most helpful things I learned was regarding communication. There are three ways that we communicate to others, through words, non-verbal communication, and through tone of voice. Even just applying that part of it has changed my family.

I knew we were commanded to teach and train our children, but I was at a loss as to HOW to APPLY the Scriptures to every situation. This book has helped me with that. It reaches the heart of both the parent and the child, and causes you to get to the motive behind the way we you act the way you do.

I highly recommend this book to all, whether you or your child have an anger problem or not. It has caused me to have a closer walk with the Lord because it taught me HOW to apply the Scriptures to my daily life. Combined with my daily times with the Lord, where He is showing me who He is, He has totally changed my life.